Monday, March 05, 2007

THIS, N' THAT...

At this juncture in time, the Los Angeles Dodgers spring training play has been fair. A few surprises, and a few letdowns. Fortunately, no major injuries have occurred, but I am biting my lip so bad fortune doesn't strike. So far, Chin Lung Hu has been terrific. Not to mention his defense superbly fun to watch. Hu is starting to show the bat that many people thought he had left in A ball. It's interesting to predict Hu's future with this Dodger team, as Rafael Furcal figures to be in Los Angeles for some time. Amongst other players turning heads this spring is Larry Bigbie. Bigbie is looking to get back to the majors after a injury filled season in St. Louis. He figures to be a long shot to make the team, but don't be surprised if he is used as trade bait in order to bring in some bullpen help. As for some disappointments, Andy LaRoche, Wilson Betemit, and pretty much anyone they trott out to third has struggled. I had high hopes for Andy, and I really hope he turns it around quickly. Betemit, who I wouldn't mind riding the bench has been putrid with the bat. If he hopes to be a Dodger, he might as well start praying to Jobu himself.


As for myself, I am sad to report that my trip is coming to an end soon. I leave Dodger heaven on Thursday morning. It's sad to think that in a couple more years, this place will no longer a Dodgers fan paradise, but just a sign of the times...


BELIEVE IN BLUE!

No comments: