Thursday, March 08, 2007

BLUE FEELING...

The eternal black hole at third base, seems to keep lingering. Well, it's only spring training. But, as of now, that's what it is. A black hole. The entire offseason, I kept pumping up Andy LaRoche. I was sure he was going to come into camp eager to prove something to the organization. So far all that he's proved is that he buckles under pressure. Don't get me wrong, Andy is still my favorite prospect, but at some point he has to show something. I know many would call my words a bit dramatic, and might even say I'm jumping the gun, I'm willing to admit it, but Andy's play has been sub par. I just want him to turn it around, and win the third base job. By no means am I turning on our future all star third baseman. As for Andy's competition at third, Wilson Betemit is doing even worse. To date Wilson has one measly hit. His defense has been erratic, and word out of Vero is Dodger brass is not happy with his attitude. At some point someone has to wake up, and win the job but right now neither deserves it. I have already started hearing that Nomar Garciaparra will snag the job. Thus allowing James Loney to play everyday at first. I wouldn't mind this becoming reality, but I doubt Nomar will be able to take the toll of playing everyday at third base. I hope the problem gets resolved soon, and Andy LaRoche comes out the victor.

By the way, the little league team that I am assisting in coaching is off to a rough start. We're 0-2. But, I have a feeling that our fortune will turn on Saturday against the White Sox.


BELIEVE IN BLUE!







No comments: