Wednesday, February 14, 2007

BLUE RELIEF...

The Dodgers enter the 2007 Baseball season with a bullpen with great upside. Despite the loss of the greatest Dodgers closer of all-time, the Dodgers bullpen looks primed to be the backbone of the team. The Dodgers pen is lead by last years surprise Takashi "Sammy" Saito. Saito made the transition from Eric Gagne effortless. Sammy came in and took over the duties of closing out games. This year will tougher, as hitters already know him, and will be looking out for that sick outside slider. Sammy will need to be smarter to repeat his performance last year. Jonathan Broxton, the closer of the future will be the set-up man for Sammy this season. If everything goes as scheduled, sometime next year Broxton will be the Dodgers closer for good. Broxton will also need to make adjustments to hitters if he plans on succeeding. The rest of the crew consist of Joe Beimel, Elmer Dessens, Mark Hendrickson, Brett Tomko, Yhency Brazoban, and Chin-Hui Tsao. I also expect John Meloan, Greg Miller, and Zach Hammes to make appearances in Los Angeles at some point this season. Overall, the Dodgers pen is one of the top ones in the league, and this year the league will find out just how good they really are.


My Fantasy Baseball League is still looking for players. At this point there are a couple of spots left. Let me Know if your interested.

By the way, I'm sad to report that I have recently been named a coach on a little league baseball team. My little brothers team to be exact. This is by no means sad. The sad thing is that he will be playing for the Padres. Yes, I am out there in Padre blue. Hopefully I don't lose cool points.




BELIEVE IN BLUE!


2 comments:

Kevin Lewis said...

I have not coached a team yet, but I have done plenty of work as an umpire.

Anonymous said...

Good post.