Monday, October 02, 2006

HOW SWEET IT IS!..

The fruits of victory!... The 2006 baseball season ended on Sunday afternoon, and my boys in blue are not done playing. The Dodgers swept the San Francisco Giants, who looked more like dwarfs than giants, to finish the season with a 88-74 record. The record was good enough to win the National League Wild Card. The wild card was not what I was looking for, but it will get the job done. This was an up and down season, one of heartbreak, and joy. This team left me in disbelieve, and with displeasure. But, now as I sit here watching Good Morning America, and trying to identify the smell in my room, I cannot be any chipper. We will be taking on the New York Mets, who for most of the year where a powerhouse, but are suffering from a September skid. The Mets will be without the ace of the staff Pedro Martinez, who was lost with a shoulder injury. I am not one to celebrate an injury, but I sure am glad that we wont have to see Mr. Gerry-curl dominating our hitters. The Mets are a dangerous team, but their pitching is suspect, so they can be beaten. The one thing I am worried about is the high number of ex-Dodger players the Mets are carrying, and as every Dodger fan knows, ex- Dodgers are the worst kind of Dodgers. But we are not dealing with the '98 Yankees, or the '73 Athletics.. this is a team with average pitching, and good hitting. They can be beaten. I was extremely happy when I saw Eric Gagne celebrate with the team on Saturday. I can only hope that he is brought back next year. Eric Gagne was the face of the Dodgers, and deserves to be given an opportunity to prove himself. I want to see him jogging to the mound while "Welcome to the Jungle" blasts in the background, to close out games for the Dodgers. I hope you all feel the same way... Well bring on the Mets, lets take care of them!... oh and by the way, the smell turned out to be my dirty socks...


BELIEVE IN BLUE!

No comments: