Monday, September 18, 2006

HERE WE GO AGAIN...


this weekends series between my beloved boys in blue has me reminiscing a sad childhood memory.. it was the final weekend of the 1996 baseball season, with three games left in the season, and up by 2 games.. thus needing just one victory to clinch the western division, my boys where swept out of a division crown.. the padres led by Mr. roids himself Ken Caminiti came to town and broke my heart.. I ended missing the next 2 days of school and forever hating shamoo, friars, lightning bolts and fish tacos... skip 10 years, and we find ourselves in the same dilemma. The dodgers who entered Fridays game with a 1/2 game lead, won behind a masterful performance by Greg maddux, but my joy came to a crashing end on Saturday night, as the friars blew out my boys 11-2, and extended my pain to Sunday afternoon as they narrowly beat the dodgers 2-1 on a ninth innin single.. the defeat was tough enough, but the fact that I only saw half of the game due to the fact that time Warner cable continues to tempt me to swith to satellite t.v., they had me watching the ever crutial Seattle mariners, Kansas city royals matchup.. by the time I finally got to see the action, trevor Hoffman had come into the game, and knowing my boys lack of fight, the game was over.. now the series is not over, there is 1 game left, and if we manage to win it, we would be back on top of the division.. but the way things go around here, it might be a long winter...



BELIEVE IN BLUE!

No comments: