Wednesday, May 30, 2007

SOMETHING MISSING?...

At this point, it's just sad. That's how I feel when I see Nomar Garciparra come up to bat. He looks lost, confused, and beaten at the plate. Nomar came into the game tonight with ONE home run! this was supposed to be our three hitter. I have been thinking about this all season long, and trying to come up with a conclusion on Nomar's power drought. My best answer: he's done. It pains me to say it, but it's true. He seems to have lost the sweet swing that brought him two hitting titles. Unless Nomar can somehow find or solve whatever might be wrong with him, the Dodgers need to move him. Nomar who is now being played at third base might be better suited to come off the bench as a super utility type player in the Tony Phillips mold. But, he can no longer be an everyday player. I recently saw We Still Believe: The Boston Redsox Movie, this is a documentary done about the 2003 Redsox. Nomar of course, was a main player during that season. To look at him killing the ball, playing with confidence, and scarring the hell out of the pitchers... made me long for that Nomar. It's just sad how low a player can fall..


BELIEVE IN BLUE!

No comments: