Thursday, December 28, 2006

NOT ZITO...

The San Francisco Giants delivered a terrible blow to the National League West today. They where able to reel in Barry Zito to a 7 year deal worth $126 million. Zito who is the guy I wanted the Dodgers to go after, is going to our arch rival. I wrote many times on this blog about how much I wanted to see Zito play for the Dodgers. Zito also happens to be my favorite ball player. I have met him a couple of times before, and he's a solid guy. I would still take Zito over Jason Schmidt any day of the week. This was a tough one. When I first heard about the signing it outraged me. I am displeased with Ned Colletti, and his dealings with Scott Borras, who represents Zito, and not to mention Eric Gagne. Ned has a personal vendetta with Borras, which is fine for him, but the people who end up losing in the end are Dodger fans. I know the J.D. Drew event was shady, and Ned has the right to be pissed, but he can't stop dealing with Borras. The Drew incident might have caused us Eric Gagne, and pretty much took us out of the running for Barry Zito. Ned needs to check his ego at the door. Still, Borras is a major ass. I understand where Ned is coming from. Either way, I can't wait for Jason Schmidt, and Barry Zito to go at each other. It's going to be fun.


BELIEVE IN BLUE

No comments: